Buying a new pickup ranging from INR 5-10 lakhs in India is a massive deal for pickup drivers and owners. Hence, price-conscious drivers and owners look for just a suitable price range for their needs. In such scenarios, we, as pickup marketers and experts, will solve your problem. In this blog, we are going to compare the flagship of Hinduja Group, Ashok Leyland’s Dost+ and the best of Tata in the price segment, i.e. Intra V10.
These two pickups are different and similar in many ways. Furthermore, they have competitive capabilities. Let us simplify the complications for you.
Tata Intra V10 VS Ashok Leyland Dost+: The difference
Tata Intra V10 and Ashok Leyland have a difference of INR 1 Lakhs in their price range. But, these four-wheelers have a marginal difference in their specifications and features. Let us discuss the differences one by one in terms of specifications and features.
1. Tata Intra V10
Tata Intra V10 Specifications:
- Intra V10 has a larger deck with 8.2*5.3 feet square of space. It is ideal for voluminous and large loads.
- The pickup has 14-inch radial tyres. This makes sure that the pickup can carry operations in all possible terrains.
- It has 2 cylinders 798 CC DI (Direct Injection) engine that generates 33 KW (44 HP) of power at 3750 RPM. This generates a torque of 110 Newton-Metres (1750-2500 RPM).
- The chassis has been manufactured using a hydroforming process. Hence, the chassis can withstand shocks, wrinkling due to heat, and tearing. Hence, the noise vibration and harshness of the pickup are reduced as well.
- The gradeability of the Tata Intra V10 is 43%. This makes it slope and hill friendly.
- The Tata Intra V10 has got leaf spring suspension. It has a total of 6 leaf springs in the front and 7 leaf springs in the rear.
- Intra V10 comes with a dashboard-mounted gear lever. This allows more space in the vehicle while driving it. Hence, we have a driver+2 combo of space available.
- The turning radius of 4.75 metres has brought many advantages for the Intra V10. It helps the pickup to park in tight spots with ease.
- The Tata Intra V10 has got a Gear shift Advisor (GSA) that enables the driver to change gears at optimum RPM. Furthermore, the pickup has got two driving modes, i.e. eco and normal. The eco mode is here for the better economy, while the normal model is used at steep sloping the pickup.
- It has got an electric power-assisted steering system.
- Tata Intra V10 has got a warranty period of 2 years.
2. Ashok Leyland Dost+
Hinduja’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturer Ashok Leyland Dost+ is no less competitive as compared to Tata Intra V10 pickup. The prime specifications of Ashok Leyland Dost+ are as follows:
- The cargo deck has a volume of 8.7*5.3*1.4 cubic feet. Hence, here too, voluminous loads can be carried out with ease.
- The front and rear tyres of Ashok Leyland Dost+ are:
1. 195 R15 LT 8
2. 195 R15 LT 8
- It comes with 3 cylinders, 1.5 Litres, 1478 CC Diesel Engine, that generates a maximum torque of 190 Newton-Metres. This rotates the crankshaft with a maximum angular velocity of 3300 RPM at 80 HP of power. Hence, this pickup can make long runs with heavier loads at slower speeds.
- The Ashok Leyland Dost+ GVW is 2805 Kg, and the payload capacity is 1500 Kg.
- The fuel tank of Dost+ is 40 Litres. This is enough for intra-city or inter-city operations.
- It is a four-wheeler, manually driven pickup that offers a driver+1 seating space in its cabin.
- Ashok Leyland Dost+ has got hydraulic brakes.
- It has got a parabolic leaf spring with a double-acting shock absorber.
- Steering is manual, but the pickup has got a power steering option as well.
An Engine Overview: Tata Intra V10 VS Ashok Leyland Dost+
The engine of both the pickups is competitive in their own regard. However, a fair comparison should be made in order to make it clear to users.
1. The Engine of Tata Intra V10
The engine of Tata Intra V10 is 2 cylinder BS6, a direct injection engine that provides an economical ride. This generates a power of 44 HP. The maximum torque generated by the pickup is 110 nm.
2. The Engine of Ashok Leyland Dost+
The Ashok Leyland Dost+ comes with 3 cylinders BS6 engine that generates a torque of 190 nm. This generates 80 HP of power. This provides the pickup with an advantage.
A Design Overview: Tata Intra V10 VS Ashok Leyland Dost+
Let us compare the designs of these two pickups.
3. Tata Intra V10 Pickup
Tata Intra V10 Pickup has a matchbox-type design that looks outstanding and traditional. The front cabin has a driver+2 configuration and is spacious. This allows a walk through the cabin.
The gear lever is placed at the dashboard, thus allowing more space for the cabin mates. The cabin of Intra V10 is fully air-conditioned. The outer design comprises halogen lamps at the front and side LED indicators for safety while performing on-road operations. The back of the pickup is well lit using LED indicator lights, brake and parking lights.
4. Ashok Leyland Dost+ Pickup
Ashok Leyland Dost+ has a protruding nosy design inspired by pre-modern pickup designs. The cabin is spacious and is a driver+1 configuration. The air-conditioned cabin has got a well-lit dashboard with an indicating speed, RPM and other vitals of the pickup.
A comparison of performance, payload Capacity, and GVW
In this segment of the performance, payload capacity and GVW of pickups will be compared.
1. Performance, Payload Capacity, GVW of Tata Intra V10
The payload capacity of Intra V10 is 1000 Kg. While its GVW is 2120 Kg. Talking about performance, it has its own monopoly in its price segment. With a balanced Payload to GVW ratio, it is just the four-wheeler cargo carrier you want.
2. Performance, payload capacity, GVW of Ashok Leyland Dost+
The payload capacity of Ashok Leyland Dost+ is 1500 Kg. While the GVW of the vehicle is 2805 Kg. Talking about the performance, it has just enough payload to GVW ratio. This decides the stability of the vehicle when carrying heavy loads.
Hence, the performance of both the pickups is apt as per the price segment.’
What’s There to Compare in Variants and Price?
Ashok Leyland Dost+ pickup has three variants. Let us mention the name along with the price of these variants.
|Ashok Leyland Dost+ LE||₹ 7.24 – 8.09 Lakh|
|Ashok Leyland Dost+ LS||₹ 7.24 – 8.08 Lakh|
|Ashok Leyland Dost+ LX||₹ 7.24 – 8.09 Lakh|
While Tata Intra V10 pickup mainly two variants. Let us mention them along with the price.
|Tata Intra V10 CLB non AC||₹ 6.32 – 6.52 Lakh|
|Tata Intra V10 CLB AC||₹ 6.32 – 6.52 Lakh|
Some final thoughts
In this blog, we discussed various aspects of TATA Intra V10 VS Ashok Leyland Dost+. And, Henceforth, we found that both the pickups are competitive in their own segment. And it is very convenient to make your choice based on our comparison. What are your thoughts about it?
Buying used truck is better in some ways as compared to new trucks, you might hesitate to load the new truck fully and go on a tough road with it. But with an old truck you will not have this problem. There are some basic and essential points which we discussed in this blog which can decide whether the truck is good for you or not. The earlie