There are several different types of commercial vehicles available which are used to perform various commercial applications. These are efficient and have their popularity in different sectors. In the below section, we highlight all types of a commercial vehicle with their uses, history and benefits.
List of Commercial Vehicles In India
This list of commercial vehicles in India can give you a perfect choice for your operations. Along with this, you can choose one of them according to your needs and demands. We come with this list so that you can know all about some categories, which are:
History – The dump truck is believed to have been first conceived in the late 19th century on farms in Western Europe. Thornycroft developed a steam dust-cart with a tipper mechanism in 1896. However, the first motorized dump trucks in the United States were developed around 1910 by small equipment companies such as The Fruehauf Trailer Corporation, Galleon Buggy Company, and Loth-Juergens, among many others.
The first commercial vehicle on the list is tipper. Tipper is also known as a dump truck, dumping truck, dumper trailer, dumper lorry. This type of commercial vehicle is used to transport materials (such as dirt, gravel, or demolition waste) for construction and coal. Generally, tippers are used for transporting materials in different sectors such as construction, industry, farming and many more.
A typical tipper truck has an open-box bed hinged at the rear and hydraulic rams for lifting at the front. In Australia, South Africa and India, the dump truck term applies only to off-road construction plants. Whereas, the road vehicle is referred to as a tip lorry, tipper lorry (UK, India), tipper truck, trailer, tipper trailer, or simply a tipper.
1. Tipper trucks or dump trucks are excellent for large scale workplaces. They are also suitable for earthmoving projects as they can load up and dirt can easily removes from the site.
2. Since tipper trucks can carry large quantities of material and do not need to make as many trips as smaller vehicles, they are more cost-effective. This is especially the case with construction projects where large quantities of material deliver to the site to construct homes and commercial buildings.
History – The first motor truck was developed in 1896 by German automotive engineer Gottlieb Daimler. Daimler’s truck had a four-horsepower engine and a belt drive with two forward speeds and one reverse. It was the first pickup truck. Daimler also designed the world’s first motorcycle in 1885 and the first taxi in 1897.
The second commercial vehicle in the list is trucks, designed to transport loads or cargo, carry special payloads, or perform other useful functions. The types of trucks vary widely in size, configuration and power. Trucks can be large and strong to handle all the challenging commercial applications.
In addition, they may be configured to be mounted with specialized equipment, such as suction excavators, refuse trucks, concrete mixers, and fire trucks. Most trucks are powered by diesel engines, while small to medium-sized trucks are powered by gasoline engines available in the US, Canada and Mexico.
1. The first and foremost benefit of trucks is that they give people door-to-door services.
2. Trucks can be faster on short hauls and can also offer frequent service.
3. This commercial vehicle type is highly flexible and provides high comfort.
4. Truck provides a wide range of equipment. Also, it can be loaded and unloaded quickly.
3. Tractor Trucks
History – Alexander Winton is a Scottish-American designer and inventor who is widely credited with inventing the trailer in Cleveland, Ohio. First founded a bicycle company, he created the Winton Motor Carriage Company in 1897.
The third commercial vehicle on the list is tractor trucks which are also known as trailer trucks. They are a combination of a tractor unit and one or more trailers for freight. A semi-trailer attaches to the tractor with a type of hitch called a fifth wheel. A trailer is an unpowered commercial vehicle that is linked to a powered vehicle. It is mainly used to transport materials and goods.
1. Tractor truck price is low as compared to other transport.
2. With the better price of the tractor, they are highly flexible on roads and roads.
3. It offers proper comfort and a relaxed ride.
4. The strong body and classy look make them more popular.
5. The commercial vehicle supports efficient logistics.
4. Mini Trucks
History – Datsun brand was the first under which mini trucks were manufactured. The Datsun mini truck was manufactured as early as 1955 but didn’t go to the states until 1959. The 1959 Datsun 222, also identified as the Datsun 1000, was the brand’s first real mini truck and was named the “1000” because it was a 1000cc four-cylinder motor.
The fourth one on the list of commercial vehicles types is mini trucks, used for small freight businesses. Mini trucks, also called micro-trucks, are small but practical light trucks, available in either RWD or 4WD versions. These vehicles find their use in intra-city low tonnage cargo delivery, such as postal and courier services or home delivery of equipment from dealer to the customer, i.e. light loads over short distances.
This range can broadly be described as a sub 1000cc engine and weighing less than 3.5 tonnes. The segment competes with the existing three-wheeler segment based on cost, durability and new pollution control laws. Mini trucks are suitable for small intra-city deliveries that ply on narrow village roads, long highways carrying small heavy loads or even heavy cargo.
1. Mini trucks save extra fuel costs.
2. This commercial vehicle has a large storage capacity which means you can store more and more materials or items.
3. The maintenance of this commercial vehicle is low, which saves your time, money and effort.
History – The history of pickup trucks goes back 100 years. The basic style of the pickup truck has a modified truck cab and an open back. The name “pick up” was derived from its use as a vehicle for carrying and transporting heavy loads. The first popular pickup truck was the Ford Model T Runabout with a pickup body. This vehicle was factory built by Henry Ford in 1925.
The fifth commercial vehicle on the list is pickups. They are widely used as delivery vehicles and have little creature comforts. But, pickup trucks are now the lifestyle choice in many markets around the world. A pickup truck is a light motor vehicle that has an open top. Pickups are utilitarian trucks that come with a bed.
A pickup is an essential truck with a separate side/cab and an open rear section. Pickups rely on trucks, which are made of two pieces and have more space. A pickup truck is a vehicle type designed to move things. The rear of the truck is open, as in some different types of trucks. It is exceptionally wonderful for its small size. Pickup trucks come in various sizes and shapes.
1. Pickups are versatile as they can support all kinds of commercial activities.
2. These commercial vehicles are loaded with the best safety features.
6. Transit Mixer
History – Stephen invented a self-discharge motorized transit mixer that was the ancestor of the concrete mixer truck and appealed for a patent in 1916.
The sixth and last commercial vehicle on the different types of commercial vehicles list is the transit mixer. A transit mixer is a device used to guide cement or ready mix material from a concrete clustering plant to the site where it is used. The transit mixer is stacked with dry ingredients and water. The transit mixer includes a drum with a rotating blade that can operate in two ways. The motive behind the drum is the solid part and the rest in the liquid state. And this types of commercial vehicle spins on its hub.
1. It is a time saving commercial vehicle which every customer wants.
2. This type of commercial vehicle has a large capacity which means it can transport more concrete than ever.
3. It can also make fewer trips.
4. The transit Mixer Truck maintains the material’s liquid state through agitation or turning of the drum until delivery.
These are the best commercial truck types that are use for various commercial applications. We hope you are getting knowledge about Types of Commercial Vehicles in India. They are very profitable in the modern time and more convenient for everyone. To get more updated information about commercial vehicles, stay connected with Truck Junction.